Presidents' Day Skate Part Premier



This has been a great weekend. Lisa and I received some encouraging news at the hospital last friday. To celebrate, I went out and finished filming my video part. The rest of the weekend I got to relax, hang out with friends, read The Making of the Atomic Bomb, and edit (which I do on IMovie 11, in case you were wondering).

It's been about 11 years since I moved to LA with the ambition of making skateboard videos for a living. Obviously that didn't pan out. Rolling backwards into a pit at the Venice Beach ledges and shattering my VX1000 demoralized me, setting in motion a series of events that would change my life.

I am happy that after all these years I still get excited about skate videos. I realize that it may come off as immature, or a silly hobby, but skateboarding is a lot of fun. I hope I can keep doing it for a long time to come.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet video Dan. I especially like the part at 0:33.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick! Love the FS noseslide with a passion. Thanks for that at 0:43. Your ramp looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite was the combo @ 0:42-0:44. Nice vid Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simone clapped for you when we watched this. Those are some gooood mooooves, I wish I'd stuck with it myself.
    Parker

    ReplyDelete