Lisa is Tougher Than Me

It's kind of embarrassing. I have to ask her to open the jar for me every time I want to drink my imported Italian pear juice. I sort of write it off by saying "oh, well she works in a grocery store, and I'm just a technocrat," but I don't think I have a great excuse.

Every day, she gives herself shots without complaining. At first, she tried to wake me up, but I was sleeping like a little baby. Now she usually just does them on her own.

And she is mentally tougher. IVF is more stressful than almost anything a human can possibly go through. But she takes it like a champ. I would probably spend all day staring at a corner and crying.

So, basically, if we were both stranded on a desert island, only she would survive (and not just because she knows more from having watched Survivor). I would probably start cannibalizing myself after a few days, while she would spear a shark and use it to bait a wild boar. She would try to keep me alive, I'm sure, but it would probably be a lost cause. Love ya' hon.

2 comments:

  1. She is tough and wonderful. You both are, really. Hope blessings and success come your way Lisa. Lisa might spear you if it came down to it.

    ReplyDelete